As physios, we know that breathing exercises and learning to breathe well after any respiratory illness is a vital part of making a full recovery.
We want to support those who may become ill with Coronavirus and help you in your recovery by sharing with you this short video.
Learn how to assess the way you breathe, and follow our tips on improving your breathing technique which will allow you to access your lungs fully. This is a great thing for all of us to do, especially in these times when anxiety is probably present for many of us.
1. Rib expansion should start in the lower ribs
2. Shoulders and neck muscles should be relaxed
3. Monitor self in mirror initially
4. Do the exercises lying down if difficult to do in sitting
5. Incorporate into other exercises as able
6. Do up to 10 sets of 3-4 breaths. Small sets reduce dizziness
7. Repeat 2-3 times a day